Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

window tint

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KILLERK5, Dec 20, 2000.

1. KILLERK5

KILLERK5 1/2 ton status

Has anybody tried to tint the back window? My glass has scratches all over it, I think it would rip the tint up. Any experiences?

Thanks

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I tinted the back window myself, I recommend getting a professional to do it right, or at least get a helper. The piece was so long that by the time I got it up there I realized I got it crooked[​IMG] But other than that it turned out great. I like it cause it only lets in 5% of the light, but the downside is I have to roll it down to see out at night[​IMG], so you might wanna get a lighter shade

[​IMG]

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

You can also order new felts from Cheyenne Pickup to put in the tailgate at the top that will help with the scratching. Think they are about $30 for the pair, put them in mine a year ago. 405-872-3399 is their number, if you don't have a catalog, get one.

Then tint the heck out of that window.........up to the legal limit in your state.

<font color=black>'79 - 406 TPI -<font color=orange> K5#5 - <font color=blue>See it at---&gt;http://www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com

4. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

My brother and I did mine - he tinted windows professionally (conversion vans) when he was younger so he had all the tools and experience. Since we did the rear window last, the 12 pack of Bud was starting to take affect - so - the side at the bottom began to peel after about two years. I guess that's cause I had the window up and down so much. I didn't care. I need to do it again since I had to replace the glass last spring. (don't ask).

behemoth K5

5. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I have the two side windows tinted on my hardtop, but I am going to match the tint on the back window for security reasons! Just don't have the money for it right now!

If it ain't a Chevy, don't raise it up!

6. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

To tint mine, I lowered the tailgate and cranked the window out while supporting it with a trash can. [​IMG] It was way easier to tint with the glass horizontal!

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com