Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

window vent thingies

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by delta9blazer, Apr 5, 2000.

1. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

anyone try those plastic visor things for your windows?
    do they work good?
    are they quiet? my wife smokes, and the noise from the wing windows at speed can be deafening.

anyone?

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>

2. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

First thing I put on mine and I LOVE them, they work great, hardly any noise and they do suck the smoke out, and you can have the window down when it is raining and not get wet. They are great!

<font color=green>Eagle86K5[​IMG]

<font color=red>Only guy I know that can get out of line in a one car funeral

3. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

Got them thingies on mine. Ventshade molded plastic air deflectors. Man, that was a mouthful. Work pretty good. If you get a set have the shop where you bought them install them. Costs just a little extra, but that way you get the lifetime waranty. I'm on my umpteenth set. Something about storm chasing in Oklahoma tends to be harsh on them. Tornado's and Hail and such. Local Offroad shop gets tired of me during storm season. hehehe

Kyle
    89K5

4. Steve88

Steve88 1/2 ton status

I had the bigger ones and liken them, but they aren't that stylish. Eagle are yours the bigger style or more "half" style?

<font color=red>Steve88</font color=red>[​IMG]
    88K5 Silverado
    thunderdog@metallica.com

5. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

Hey Buddie...I got big ones.....[​IMG]

Mine have been on about a year, I smoke and my install Telephone tech does not so It really helps there, the smoke is sucked out my window and he does not smell it at all...

6. Steve88

Steve88 1/2 ton status

Why did I know you'd respond like that! [​IMG]

Hey one more quesiton, are they glued on with that 3M tape? That's how they were in the truck I had them on.

<font color=red>Steve88</font color=red>[​IMG]
    88K5 Silverado
    thunderdog@metallica.com

7. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

Yeppers they got the 3m stuff on them, so if you get a set, be sure you got them lined up good before you slap them on....mine should have said this side up....heheheheh [​IMG]

8. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

Oh and I got mine from J.C.Whitney...

I know I know...for shame...

9. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

I don't know if your from an area that has cold temperatures, but I know guys that have them and they get super brittle in the deep cold. I'm from Wisconsin so it get damn cold here. My friend has replaced his several times. I still they're a great addition and am thinking about getting some myself.

10. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

I installed a set of the small ones last week. They work exactly as advertised. Went wheelin' yesterday, had lots of treebranch-to-body action going (newbie gettin' crazy out there!), and they're still solid. Just make sure you clean the area well if you DIY. Use extra alcohol if there's any doubt. The quality of your prep work will determine how well they stick, so use the appropriate amount of time and elbow grease. Avoid the beer, too. It makes for a crooked (and stupid-looking) installation. Good luck!!

[​IMG] Semper Maintenance!
    [​IMG] So many ideas, so little money...