Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Windows Vista Ultimate: $450?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dontoe, Jun 1, 2006.

1. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Windows Vista Ultimate: $450 US?

Posted May 30th 2006 11:21AM by Ryan Block
    Filed under: Desktops, Laptops
    [​IMG]We have absolutely no way of confirming the information ourselves, but according to iTWire, we can expect to really pay out the nose for the most ultimate version of Windows ever conceived, Windows Vista Ultimate. Like, say, something to the tune of $450 US. Yeah, we know that's a lot, but we're assuming that's for the single-license full install retail MSRP; and when you consider the fact that the single-license full install retail MSRP of XP Pro is still $300 US, it's not too drastically unrealistic. Don't get us wrong, we're not exactly endorsing snapping up operating systems that cost more than the machines they run on but, you know, it is Ultimate freaking Vista, dude. Oh, and apparently Office 2007 Ultimate will set you back $679 US, too. Don't get dizzy now, just get your company to pick 'em up for you and you'll be well on your way to the Ultimate Microsoft suite which might have otherwise been used to put a nice down payment on a private jet.

2. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

Just PADding Bill Gates wallet.

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

and the new PS3 will be what 500 or 600? Everythings going expensive because they know people will buy it. Bitch about it, but still buy it.

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Windows 2000 is the best operating system there is. Until someone starts making programs that won't run in it at all... I'm sticking with it. ME, XP, Vista, blah blah blah. Ain't getting a dime of my coin.

j

5. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

eh just wait a few weeks and download a bootleg version.

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

or you could do that... personally, I'd rather avoid the inevitable first couple of years that are hella bug riddin' and virus attacked...

j

7. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I bought a copy of Windows Vista a few months ago. However it was a beta version of it and well I didn't too much care for it. Not bad for 15 bucks from the local haji mart.

8. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

I'm not quite sure why folks always seem to have problems with Windows. I upgrade every time a new version comes out, I never have any crashes, and I rarely have any problems at all. I run the regular Office programs, Adobe Acrobat and PhotoShop, and all kinds of games. I always hear people complain about various service packs or new versions but mine always run flawlessly. Now, my Dad on the other hand always has problems. But, I buy top of the line HP computers and he fabs his own from Fry's components.

9. hunterguy86

hunterguy86 1/2 ton status

2 words

1. Linux

2. PADDDARUSKY!