Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Windsheild Wipers

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Drey, Nov 28, 2005.

1. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Long story short, my wipers keep freezing up, last winter storm and this one its rained and then snowed so my wipers froze , and of course the part they skip over is right in my line of sight. Do you guys have any simple solutions to this, or are there any brands of wipers which dont do that as easy? I am currently running Ancos

Oh and also is there anyway to temporairly deactivate the ABS on a 96 S10 Blazer...im sick of that crap already everytime it kicks in it suck so my damn juice my lights dim...and yes I know I need a new alternator. But I also want to be able to lock my tires up, im sick of hitting a bunch of water out muddin and not bein able to stop quick like in my GMC.

P.S. You would all be proud of me, I hung in with two Ford F350s tonight out wheeling, One 7.3 and one 05 with the 6.0 and a banks 6 gun, i think Ryan and Eric were pissed cuz they didnt get to pull me out :D

2. xpndbl3

xpndbl3 1/2 ton status

first purchase winter wiper blades.

second pull the fuse or relay for the ABS. the light will come on and the abs will quit working.

3. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

I looked in the fuse box for one labeled abs but couldnt find one, where is it located?

What is different about winterwipers as opposed to the ancos i have no?

4. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

To the top does anyone know the location of this fuse or relay????

5. K5Steve

K5Steve 1/2 ton status

Winter blades are inclosed with rubber.I always let my truck warm up with the defroster on and it melts the snow on the windshield.
    [​IMG]

6. xpndbl3

xpndbl3 1/2 ton status

fuse or relay should be under the hood in a black plastic box. in the box will be a diagram on the lid that will show a ABS relay or fuse, relay would be grey in color i believe. give it a pull and you're done. just remember where to put it back.