Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Windshield caps?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Dieselmh, Sep 5, 2001.

1. Dieselmh

Dieselmh 1/2 ton status

How does everyone cap off the holes in the top of the windshield when going topless? Did you cut a piece of metal to fit and bolt it down, or did you buy a better looking piece? I don't want my windshield frame to rust out, just looking for ideas. Thanks.

Diesel

Everything's bigger in Texas!

2. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

What holes are you talking about?

Tim

70 Blazer CST 4X4 350 SM465 NP205
    87 Burb 4X4 350
    01 GMC 2500HD 4X4 Duramax/Allison

3. Dieselmh

Dieselmh 1/2 ton status

I'm talking about the holes at the very top of the windshield frame on the corners. I have bolt holes all the way across the top of the windshield frame, and on both corners, there is a triangular shaped hole. Does someone make caps for these, or do I have to make my own?

Diesel

4. 1HIHUM

1HIHUM 1/2 ton status

Your weather stripping should cover those holes. the rubber should go up along the windshield frame and forms a triangle at the top. It is fastened at the top by three bolts. the rubber is moulded over a metal plate, which covers those holes.Look at the holes and you should see some metal tabs with threads in them for the bolts. Did you have a top on your truck?

[image]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1328774&a=9975627&p=33244094[/image]

5. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

There are factory gaskets that're supposed to screw onto the frame at those holes. They're part of the door gasket set. They are triangular-shaped and made of rubber.

6. Dieselmh

Dieselmh 1/2 ton status

I have the hard top to my truck, but the guy had lost all of the hardware. I guess I'll have to make some metal caps and cut a piece of rubber to fit. Thanks for the help guys.

Diesel

7. 1HIHUM

1HIHUM 1/2 ton status

Just buy new weather stripping for the doors. The're part of the weather stripping. No need to make anything!

[image]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1328774&a=9975627&p=33244094[/image]