Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

windshield frame rust

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Kodiak, May 16, 2000.

1. Kodiak

Kodiak 1/2 ton status

What can be done about a rusted out windshield frame. I'm not talking about surface rust. It is rusted thru in several places along the sides and top. The body is rusted and it flexes alot on the trail. I am worried about flexing enough to pop the windshield out. I know if this windshield comes out I'll never get another one in. How easy is it going to be to replace the frame.

2. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

I don't know Kodiak...sounds like a nice rust free tub from Texas might be in the cards! A nice road trip to Alaska might be just what I need! [​IMG]I'm not sure if you can replace the frame very easily....I'm sure it CAN be done, but...... Maybe someone else has an idea.

Michael [​IMG] http://jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm

3. Kodiak

Kodiak 1/2 ton status

The biggest problem is this is my beater. I have a rust free one in storage and thats where i would like to keep it. I don't want to spend any more than I have to. I was even thinking about a fold down windshield off a jeep or something along those lines. If it didn't have a good motor it would already be at the dump.

4. Kodiak

Kodiak 1/2 ton status

Am I the only one who has had this problem???

5. paul_cfh

paul_cfh Registered Member

i had the same problem in my truck (not k5 but still the same) basically its a one off fabrication type deal as far as i know you cant buy a prefabed peice for it ...........my advice is find someone that is good with metal working or find a good cab and cut the peice out (the whole section you need with some left over to weld to) and weld it into yours or (easer with a truck) buy a cab that is good and change it ...........like i said there is realy no quick cheap fix

<font color=blue>where the road ends the fun begins</font color=blue>