Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Windshield galss

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BigJim85, Jan 29, 2001.

1. BigJim85

BigJim85 1/2 ton status

About how much does a new windshield cost? My windshield is so cracked, pitted and chipped that is downright impossible to see through it at times. It has the antenna in the glass, and it's a '85. Thanks guys.

<font color=red>If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.</font color=red>
    [​IMG]

2. Mud Bath

Mud Bath Registered Member

im not sure what one cost with the antenna in the glass but i called today at five different places for a windshied for my 88 and it ranged anywhere from $175 to $272. Hope this helps. Raleigh nc

3. 6.2 man

6.2 man 1/2 ton status

i paid $ 175.000

4. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

I'd pick up the yellow pages and start calling. I just bought the 4th windshield in my F-150 and have found prices can differ by more than $200. If I keep going through them at this rate I'm going to invest in a glass company.

Smitty

5. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

I picked up the Houston Thrify Nickel and in the auto setion there is a place that sells the windshields for 73-87 Chevy's for $85, INSTALLED. Brand new. Not sure if that have the radio antenna thing built in or not, but for $85 and you don;t get your hands dirty, who cares.
    -- Mike

6. DMK

DMK 1/2 ton status

I got a price of 125 installed on an 89 blazer. Just call every place you can find. I also found prices can be up to 2-300 dollars difference.

7. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I just had a windshield put in my truck. If you have the gasket, you will save yourself about $60. (you must, you already have a windshield in) I paid $180 after tax, and the sealant cost. Installed, at my house. Things to look for: warranty against defects in glass (stress cracks) and install (IE leaks) Also that they use "factory" glass, which is thicker, and resists chips and cracks better because it is thicker. (some aftermarket stuff is real thin)

Dorian
    My K5 and Chev/Olds tech/links page: <A target="_blank" HREF=http://yeagerd.home.mindspring.com/index2.html>http://yeagerd.home.mindspring.com/index2.html</A>

8. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

I got a new one not quite two years ago. '83 K5, with antennae and tint across top, $85. '89 Sub, w/tint, no antennae, $80. Both installed in my driveway. Not sure about the Sub (mom's), but no problems with mine. Would have done it a lot sooner if I knew they were so cheap, I bought the truck in Aug. '95 with a cracked windshield. Its not uncommon for people to replace windsheilds annually here in Denver. Call around on price.

Pete

'83 K5, 350 TBI (ex 6.2), Dana 60/14 bolt, Detroits, 3" lift, 15-39.5x15 TSLs
    '97 Dodge 2500 4x4 CC LB Sport, Cummins 5 spd