Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Windshield washer things

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by k20, Nov 18, 2002.

1. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Well apparently the cold got to my washer tubes. Whenever i try to spray em, i get two streams of fluid 4 ft past the nose of the truck, sprayed one person at school who was walking in front of me. Didnt find out they had busted till then. Anyway, what all is in involved in changing them, how much do they cost, or could i just electrical tape em or something? Id rather change em, cuz itd suck to have a windhsield covered w/ mud and no way to clean it. Thanks. Oh and if there was more than one type, my washer things are on my wipers. Thanks again

2. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

Hey Chris,
    There are small ruuber tubes that go up your wiper arms and connect to the hollow steel tubes. More than likley, it was one or both of the rubber tubes that gave up, probably from wear. A salvage yard would be the cheapest place to look. I would think the GM dealer would have some new tubes for fairly cheap. The tubes(from each arm) connect to each other under the hood at the top of the firewall. From there they go back to the washer fluid bottle.

3. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

Also, if you'll run washer fluid and not straight water they won't freeze up etc.

4. BrianDamage

BrianDamage 1/2 ton status

just buy the rubber tubing at the parts store - its cheap

I use vacuum tubing (hose)

5. K05Aggie

K05Aggie 1/2 ton status

Ditto Briandamage