Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Windshield Wiper problems Help???????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Jan 6, 2001.

Here is the problem: I have an 86 K5 with intermittent wipers on the turn signal. Here is the problem I have no delay they won't work when on intermittent and they also won't work on high only low. Turn it to the low selection and they work fine but any other position they do not work. Also when you hit the washer it sprays the washer fluid but do not move the arms have to move it to the low selector before they wipers move. Any suggestions on how to get this working properly.

larry86K5

1. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

Sounds like your switch's contacts are gunked up. I don't know if you can spray contact cleaner in that style switch but that would help it to make contact again. If not then you'd have to put in a different switch. A new one from LMC is $50 and is part # 34-0785 and you'll need a steering wheel puller to install it.

K5:Big, slow, and flys through snow. [​IMG]

2. coopertwpk

coopertwpk 1/2 ton status

Its most likely the Module its attached to the steering column right under the access plate it has aluminum fins on it ,They are a dealer only item .

88k5 silverado w4"lift soon to have <font color=orange>d44 and corp14ff</font color=orange> with 4.56s