Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Windshield Wiper problems@!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by UseYourBlinker, Oct 18, 2002.

1. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Allright I have a 84K5. My first problem was the ghost wiper's (would go on whenever they wanted) Then I disconnected the module. I then replaced the wiper/blinker arm. I reconnected the module,and now the fawkin wipers will not shut off. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif They keep going on "low" mode.The fuse is good,and the arm is brand new from LMC. The module is the only thing I have not replaced (brand new from dealer is $75-) anyone know where I can get one cheaper????

Also my windsheild wiper spray has never worked. I want to fix that also. I want to get a new bottle,and washer pump. Is LMC the only place besides the dealer that carries these items??

Thanks in advance. I like the rain,but getting ready for it is a bee-otch /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

2. smack

smack 1/2 ton status

Well, sounds like you're on the right track. Mine doesn't shut off either (after I turn it on). What I have to do (until I fix the module) is turn it to mist (downward turn) and release it when they're at the bottom. Always works. I just fixed a friends wipers (which wouldn't shut off ever) and it was the motor that was shorted out.

3. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Thanks for the input... The motor was replaced about 3 years ago. I will check it out also /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

Sounds like your "park" switch is fouled up. It's operated by a cam on the motor. It keeps power on the wipers until the reach the park position.