Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Windshield Wiper Switch

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by redneckdude, Feb 9, 2005.

1. redneckdude

redneckdude 1/2 ton status

Anyone ever had one go out? Mine doesn't work at all anymore, and started to smoke once...lol...pulled the fuse and all was well after that, but one day it just got hard to turn on and i gave it a little more force and heard some pop so im pretty sure the mechanism inside the column is shot...It isn't that hard to pull the steerin wheel off an change it, is it? Thats one of the few things i have yet to take apart on this truck. Also, what is the name of the actual part that the lever feeds into inside the column?

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

if no shorted wires anywhere then yeah most likely bad switch unit yep, techncally known as combo switch assembly, 84-up

good luck

3. red77blazer

red77blazer Registered Member

to get into the column you will need a special tool, go to the parts store and tell them what your doing, if theyre good they will know

4. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

it hooks into the white turn signal switch in the column and has the dimmer switch rod hooked to it...

it CAN be replaced without special tools but the lockplate and retainer are a bear without a lockplate depressor tool (wow, deja vu). http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?P65=&tool=all&item_ID=10306&group_ID=1243&store=snapon-store&dir=catalog

you can get the wheel off the splines with either a puller or loosen the nut till its at the end of the threads and have someone shock it with a softface hammer while you pull on the wheel...