Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

windshield wipers and high beems and e-brake

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigbadchev84, Apr 6, 2007.

1. bigbadchev84

bigbadchev84 1/2 ton status

I have had my truck for over 5years now and ever since i bought it the windshield wipers have only worked on high speed, it is an 84' with tilt colum and the wiperswitch is on the turn signal lever, where do i start to figure out what is wrong with them? there is no delay or low speed like the lever says there is supoosed to be, just high speed.

Also when i bought my truck it had no keys for the ignition, my buddy installed a new ignition lock in it for me, when he was done the horn no longer worked and the high beems either, he had a small black piece of metal that he said he couldnt remember where it went, i said oh well and threw it in the jockey box. I have since found that is what attaches to the blinker lever and switches from high-low beems, the only way i can do it now is to tilt the column to switch between high and low. Is there anywhere that i can get one from? the junkyards around here will not sell parts from a column its the whole thing or nothing

Also i need some picture of e-brake cables, mine was scraped when i went from 10bolt to 14bolt, and i dont remember how it went so if you guys got pics then post up please!

2. bigbadchev84

bigbadchev84 1/2 ton status

3. smalltowncowboy

smalltowncowboy 1/2 ton status

i have a 77 im tearing apart, im not sure if its got the parts you need or not but if it does your more than welcome.