Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Windshield Wipers Slow as Hell

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Brodie, Jan 11, 2007.

1. Brodie

Brodie 1/2 ton status

As you could guess from the title, my wipers suck. It takes bout 4 sec for them to make one pass in either low or high speed. Any ideas as to what the most common cause is? All of my linkage looks good, so it's either a voltage drop through the switch or the motor is going out. When you apply resistance to the arms they still move along. So far I am leaning towards a bad switch, but I hate shotgun troubleshooting. Thanks for any help.

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

First thing i would be looking at is a bad ground.

3. BKinzey

BKinzey 1/2 ton status

Yep! pull the connector and check voltage using the wiper's ground and then check it against a good ground. If the voltage is low through the wiper it's a bad ground. If it's low through the wiper and a good ground then it's the power and probably the switch.

4. Brodie

Brodie 1/2 ton status

Something else I just found out that it does is spray wiper fluid every time the wipers move. Looking at the schematic that makes me think that there is a short in the motor/pump somewhere. Any ideas as to what the ohms should be through the motor?