Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Windshield wipers

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Me89'Jimmy, Oct 6, 2002.

1. Me89'Jimmy

Me89'Jimmy 1/2 ton status

the windshield wipers one my 89' Jimmy /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif only run at one speed and i need them to do all speeds to pass state insp. any ideas on what the problem is and how to fix it?

2. sosamantx

sosamantx 1/2 ton status

i'd check around, but down here (texas), they just have to work period. i'd call somewhere else and ask them. however, i'm sure you want to fix them. i'd start with the switch.

3. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

The windshield wipers with delay and multiple speeds have a relay box that handles everything but the full speed, check it if it's defective replace it.
    I will try and find out in your truck where it would be and get back to you on this. I hope I can find it in the haynes, that's all I have.
    IceMan

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

It's likely going to be right around the ignition switch at the base of the column. Thats where mine is, and I've got the same wiring for the wipers that the truck in question does.

Not sure how many times GM hanged the design, (I've seen smaller ones) my "delay box" is about 2.5"w X 4"l, with aluminum "fins" (heatsink) on one side. Wiring plug on both ends of the box. Both have locking connectors, so if you find it, don't break it : )

5. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    Thanks dorian, I have soeme sticky fingers, at least someone got what I was talking about.
    IceMan