Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Windstar Wiring Help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Confedneck79K30, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

So i got my free windstar fans, but the harness was cut in half, so i have seperate harnesses, and i thought,, hmmm maybe i can wire one to come on when the temp hits 190 and then wire it so both come on at 210... but how can i accomplish that??

2. mechted

mechted 1 ton status Premium Member

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Maybe another way, but just add another relay, find a temp switch that is on/off when you want it for the second fan, finished.

I can think of lots of reasons to want to do it like you suggest, I say go for it.

Napa's Echlin catalog is pretty good about showing on/off temperatures, wiring schematic, and threads for the temp switches.

4. randy88k5

randy88k5 1/2 ton status

Hmmm... sounds familiar Dorian...lol

I wired my Windstar Fans just how you suggested. Both fans are on seperate circuits and redundant. I am using thermal switches off of a Camaro to switch them on automatically, while having a master on and off switches in the cab. I got them at Napa. To simplify the installation of those switches, I got a water outlet off of a 80's Chevy Pickup, the kind with the provisions for the thermail vacuum switches (one hole needed a bushing though). They use the same connecters a knock sensor, so they were pretty easy to find and wire into the system.

Ive got a presentation in a few hours, I'll make a more detailed post later