Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

wine in restraunts (rant)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bigjbear, Nov 28, 2006.

1. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Why the hell is wine so expensive in restaurants? Look, I know they have to make a profit and I have no problem with that. They make money-I get good food and good service. But $30 for a bottle of Eco Domani??? They sell this stuff at Wal-Mart for $6 a bottle. At 4 glasses to the bottle that is less than the per glass price!

If it had been something better I wouldn't have cared but this stuff is basically "table wine", not bad but nothing special either.

Now that I think about it liquor drinks are even worse. How many shots are in a bottle of booze?

Alright people in the restaurant industry spill the beans. Are drinks just a profit builder or is there something I'm missing? I'll admit I'm clueless about the business side of food- I just like to eat (and drink)!

2. wasted wages

wasted wages 3/4 ton status

I don't know about the profits in the food industry either,,,I just know my bar tab almost always equals or exceeds the food tab... :haha: :haha:

3. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

Last nights bill (I'm out of town on a business trip):
    Personal Pizza: $6.50
    4 Molson Canadian: $12

Beer was just about double the food.

$21 with tip, ouch.

4. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Imagine the bill if you did not get water to drink:eek1: :haha: .

Ira