Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wing Window Seals.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by freeforever, Apr 2, 2001.

1. freeforever

freeforever 1/2 ton status

Well people...my 76s wing window seals are shot and I just orderd some replacement ones from JC whitney and was wondering...well it there any thing specal to doing this? and is it pretty easy to replaces them??...uggg

"Fool me once shame on you...fool me twice shame on me"
    ---------------
    "A closed mouth gathers no foot."

2. 76chevy

76chevy 1/2 ton status

I'm not sure, but if you have an LMC Truck catalog, it has the illustration of the parts. Maybe that will help.

Let us know how it went. I need to do the same to mine.

<font color=red>Spirit of 76</font color=red>

3. Hathaway

Hathaway 1/2 ton status

I was going to replace mine but I don't think I am. THey aren't shot, just makes a rather annoying wistle on the drivers side going down the high way. Just another perk.

Dan, '86 K5, 5.0L v8, NP208, TH700R4, open 10bolts front and rear, 3.43gearing, K&N filter, 31x10.50R15 Trailhandlers

4. freeforever

freeforever 1/2 ton status

..hmm well Ill take pictures of my progress and post them On my site....and LMC illistrations don't work to well, thanks tho!

"Fool me once shame on you...fool me twice shame on me"
    ---------------
    "A closed mouth gathers no foot."

5. Wheels

Wheels 1/2 ton status

A LOT OF PATIENCE!!! Replaced mine during the build up last year. Hands cramped for days. Get a good can of silicone spray, helps ease the seal into the tight bend radius and some 1/8" by 1/8" steel rivets. You'll have to take the whole thing apart. It's the only way to get the new seal around the pivot. Also, the straight piece is riveted in place and I laid a small bead of windshield sealant (black goop) on this piece to seal it completely.