Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Winshield Glass glue removal

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BEHJR, Jul 13, 2003.

1. BEHJR

BEHJR 1/2 ton status

How do you get the glued on mirror to the winshield unglued. I need to replace the entire thing. Plenty of info about putting the mirror on. Cannot find anything to unglue. Did a search. Asked at the parts places. No one knows. Solvents ? Dynamite ?

Thanks.

BH.

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Dynamite /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

2. 84K5cedric

84K5cedric 1/2 ton status

seems to me that when I've had windsheilds replaced (2 of em in different cars) they just cut it out and then just cut away the majority of the glue, but didn't worry about getting it all.

3. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

remove the mirror first,then grab the metal button with a pair of channel locks,get your propane torch fired up,apply heat and a gentle twisting motion to the button and it should come off....what your doing is heating up the metal button and melting the glue....just be careful!!! to much heat or too much muscle on the pliers will break the glass...btw....i do glass for a living /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. BEHJR

BEHJR 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Gracias.

BH.