Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Winter beater

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by Z3PR, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Thinking about picking up a winter beater next year when I move back to the Omaha area. Snow lasts alot longer down there then it does up here. Anyways, a friend used too have a 89 S10 Blazer 4WD with the 4.3 and it did okay. What's your opinion on a smaller 4WD vehicles like the late 80's/early 90's S10 Blazer for a winter beater. What kind of price range would I be looking at for one in good shap ??

2. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

My wifes ride is a 91 S10 blazer. 4.3 4x4. It was a beater I bought for her 5 years ago for 500, and it STILL runs fine. It's been her daily driver now for 2 years since I haven't got her 89 done yet. Inly have done regular maintenance items and a fuel pump. It runs the harsh northeast winters on generic Pep boys cheapo highway treaded 235/75/15's. She has been a great truck!! The body is almost completly rotted off, but she keeps on runnin!!

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

That's what I needed too hear. Guess I'll have too start looking for one after the move. Hopeflly I'll be able too find a good running one with a decent body.