Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

winter driving!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MonsterMobile, Dec 3, 2002.

1. MonsterMobile

MonsterMobile Newbie

do you people like driving in winter? I mean like driving thorugh snow banks, climbing snow mounds and dounuts and stuff? do you have any pictures of you doin gweird stuff in winter? I am new here

2. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

I love it. Last year about this time we got a pretty good snow storm, a rare phenominon out here in west Texas. I went home the night before it hit. The next morning school was cancelled but I still had to go to work that afternoon. It took me 3 hrs. to drive 60 miles. It was lots of fun, especially running through snow drifts at 40 mph. Unfortunately the next day the bolts holding the front driveshaft on broke, so I just had 2wd like everyone else.

3. Chris87K5

Chris87K5 1/2 ton status

I love it!! We just got about 4" of snow on Sunday and rifle season started here yesterday so I have spent the last 2 day cruising around in the snowy woods. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

In the past we did a lot of " Snow Bashing " We would hit the easy trails in the winter after 2 or 4 ft that easy trail got a lot harder. After a day of Snow Bashing you would be beat from all the shoveling and stuff but what fun. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    Back then I lived in Georgetown Colo, Some of the guys that I wheeled with would go Ice racing. I would take out my FJ-40 and race in the Bare tire class that was a lot fun as well. If you get the Jan 03 4Wheel drive and sport utilty mag you can read about the Ice racing.

Eric

5. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

hhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmm great idea, ill use my digi cam take some next time we'all go out, they might not be that great, but it will probly work, yea we do donuts slide sideways down the street, i wow people at school, as i slide around every which way down the street i love it, and i know that if i have to i can lock the hubs, if they arent already, and slam the lever in 4hi or 4low and slam it in granny, gotta love it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

6. MonsterMobile

MonsterMobile Newbie

that be cool to take some pics, I will try and get some too!! but it sucks when it comes to stoping becuase no ABS, so I need to stop way early, I also like sliding dwon the street and around corners too!

7. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

A few years ago after a big snow, a group of us went on a wheeling excursion. It was so slick that we just drove around in the city and found big empty parking lots to do donuts. It was a lot of fun, probably because none of us crashed into each other, there was more then one close call. I almost took out a bunch of mail boxes cause I got stuck in a dutch roll going back and forth. Then I was coming down this hill and my buddy way ahead of me stopped, well my tires were locked up and I was going to hit him. So I let off the breaks and controlled over to the other lane and again locked up the breaks sliding passed him waving with a smile on my face /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif. He wasn't smiling back /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif. /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

8. K05Aggie

K05Aggie 1/2 ton status

What's snow?

9. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Snow is that stuff that falls from the sky and sticks to the ground. You know, the yellow stuff your not supposed to eat /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

Man do i ever!, if it storms here my buddies go out at 1 or 2 in the AM and go doing donuts at a bunch of different cul de sacs, and when someone wakes up to look we boot it for another one!