Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Winter is here, Everyone be careful

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mechted, Nov 29, 2005.

1. mechted

mechted 1 ton status Premium Member

I just want to remind everyone that its wet out there and to be careful when driving your vehicles

(dumped my bicycle today and hyperextended the $^%+ out of my ankle, but the same thing can apply to all vehicles)

2. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

No kidding. A typical 1.5-2 hour trip for me just took me about 3-3.5 hours instead. Never all that fun towing a car trailer with a rolling K5 frame on it on snowy/icy roads in a snow storm. At least I didn't slide off the road. Better to drive slow and be careful.

3. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

What's wet mean? :D

4. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

Its snowing here right now. I took the ambulance out, all 10,300 pounds and did some doughnuts on a deadend road. That locker in the rearend is fun in the snow!!!

5. mechted

mechted 1 ton status Premium Member

its not quite as fun on a 2 wheeled vehicle.... they seem to be *slightly* unstable compared to 4 wheeled vehicles

6. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Winter??

It was 63 degrees here tuesday,nice sunny day!--monday it was 50 and partly cloudy here--but 65 miles north of here where I took my sister home too ,it was 37 degrees,foggy as hell,and the 5" of snow they got last wednesday was to blame!--it rained for about 20 miles on the way home,couldn't see 2 car lengths in the fog!..when I got back here it was 57 degrees,and still partly cloudy! :screwy: :screwy: what a difference not even 100 miles and an hour's drive can make in the weather!..

Today its going to rain heavily,and be 60+ degrees again..later in the week its going to get cold again though,might have snow by sunday or monday..weather has been goofy this year everywhere.. :eek1: :crazy: