Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

winter projects?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Confederate9, Dec 13, 2000.

1. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

ok guys, the christmas is coming up and that means no school, and days off work etc.. a prime time for workin on a k5!

i plan to install a new grille, new dashboard and a add-a-leaf all around.

what are yalls plans?

Confederate's w/ K5's!
    '85 K5: BIG BAD AND MEAN
    K5: Because size DOES matter

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

3. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Burt, you need help with your project? LOL!!!! I'll be there as long as you don't try to weld my cans together. LOL!!! How many things have you welded so far since you got that new toy? Was the wife pissed or what?

I miss my Ex, but my aim is getting better!
    http://mccordhouse.freeservers.com

4. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Front Dana 60/ARB/4:88 with cross-over steering, regear the 14 bolt to 4:88 and install TSM disk brakes, install my Yakama Load Warrior roof basket and Rancho in cab remote, ORD steering brace, I may try to install a fixed yoke kit and rear CV driveshaft to get me through the summer, then it's doubler time. I would like to get all of this done before Easter J**P safari and some how keep up with this site, that gives me about 13 or so weeks, I better get busy. [​IMG]

Steve
    [​IMG]
    1990 K5 with stuff

5. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

LOL[​IMG] ya gonna need lots of help comon over!! I made my own beer and it should be ready by then! check it outhttp://www.mrbeer.com
    Ya she was a little cross for a few hours but ho well I still have the welder[​IMG]!! Yaaahooooo
    No I haven't used it yet[​IMG] still have the power issue to resolve first, ho well in time i'll be burnin some rod[​IMG]

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com

6. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Steve sounds like you got your hands full with all that stuff good luck

[​IMG] SlyDog [​IMG]

7. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Dang steve that's a lot of work[​IMG]

I plan on filling my backend, making a custom tailgate, stainless fuel tank, getting that all hooked up, internal rollcage, stainless steel dash, front exoskeleton cage, custom bumpers, rear tire/jerrycan rack, 9012 mounts, and saving enough to buy a new set of 13/38/16 TSLs. That should keep me busy for a couple months. Taking a semester off of school to work, buy blazer parts, and refocus, so I actually might have it running by may or so. [​IMG]

bryan

[​IMG]
    Durant, Ok

8. BigJim85

BigJim85 1/2 ton status

New transmission and various other odds and ends I've been meaning to look at and/or fix.

<font color=red>If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.</font color=red>

9. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

load warrior eh?
    those are cool
    where i work [canoe and kayak shop] we install yakima rack systems on cars.
    what model of yakima dod u use to attach the bars to ur k5?

Confederate's w/ K5's!
    '85 K5: BIG BAD AND MEAN
    K5: Because size DOES matter

10. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Working on my Interior (color change), overhead center console, Installing the '97 headlights, wiring everything again (sound system, CB, off road lights, add the under hood welder, dual batteries, power for removable wench front & rear). Still working on the exhaust and new seats.

Spending money between the K-5 and the Harley the only one that is getting a x-mas present is my daughter I've already spent mine!!!!!

C'moe

<font color=black>the blazer is "Back in Black"

11. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

let me see,,,,,,,,ummmmm,,,,,transfer my chassis up to my nice neat HUGE shop,,tighten up all the bolts from prior lift install,set-up both rears,get new 30 degree shaft from high angle drivelines,do a motor swap,run new brake set-up, possible cross over steering,remove a body from a wrecked blazer[​IMG] and install onto my chassis[​IMG],strip the interior,paint the body,fenders,hood,top,,,do a grill swap,,wire up elec. doors,install new interior,stereo,CB and dash,,,install new wheels and 36 or 38 inch tires,,, yeah i think that about covers it!!!
    oh yeah,,replace the windshield.....it just goes on and on and on and on and on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

ANYBODY LOSE THEIR JEEP????????[​IMG]
    I JUST FOUND ONE UNDER MY BLAZER!!!![​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

12. Wheels

Wheels 1/2 ton status

Let's see, took a year to rebuild the K5 from the ground up. I'm taking a "grease monkey" break for a while. I go on Christmas break next Wednesday, heading to Florida for some R&R and a lot of hunting. Then I got a Remington 40X here that has a new barrel that needs breaking in for a benchrest shoot in Feb. About 1,000 rounds of reloading, leaves all over the place (wait, it snowed, can't see 'em, no problem there). Look for either a Dana 44 or 60 for the front, a Dana 60 or a 14 bolt for the tail section, iritate the wife so she'll tell me to go buy something for the Blazer. I do have a Tuffy console that should be in any day that I have to install. Wait on the weather to warm up so I can prime and paint the Goodmark Cowl Induction hood and get it installed. Go down and see Laketex about a part and after the post he put up, got to see the sawzall beast he's created while I'm there. Damn, I've already got a full platter again.

13. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Hey Burt 4x4, I started without you already! anyways I want to paint my axles during the break!

If it ain't a Chevy, don't raise it up!

14. ryanNC

ryanNC 1/2 ton status

Trim my rear fenders to match the fronts. Install the new rs5012's and f**d shock mounts. Sorry Steve, I took one glace at yours and had to copy...again, sorry.
    My goal is to have the beast ready for Tellico 01'(Hell yeh)

Hey C'moe,
    What color is your interior? If you like you can color match the inside to the outside like I did on mine. Has to be the right color though!! Just check around at the local trim shops for a price.

"need more <font color=green>cash</font color=green>"
    http://<font color=red>http://ryans1site.coloradok5.com</font color=red>

15. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>I wish I got a Christmas break from school! We get Christmas day off, thats it. If I had extra time, I would probably put in my new rocker (see the old one hanging?)

[​IMG]

I also want to get the rest of the parts I need for crossover and install my Detroit locker in my 14 bolt. </font color=blue>

16. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

Finish patching my "holy" floor, replace my left rear shock mount, find 2 tires that don't leak, then: INSPECTION!! probably dump the full $250 into the emmissions test, get the b!tch on the road, new carpet, my 6 inch lift to go with the cheep set of used 35's im getting, Maybe have it ready by the time the Pa/NJ guys go on this (tenative) FT. Dix run. oh yeah, and i need a job to support all this and my continuing education in January.[​IMG]

heres hoping.

shaggyk5

aint nuthin in the world like a heavy chevy!!

17. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

I'm gona try to put in a 4" lift, blocks in the back, TC springs in the front, Rancho 9000s, 33" BFG muds on new wheels. I just hope I can get the stuff in time.

Dawson
    88 K5

18. ryanNC

ryanNC 1/2 ton status

Dawson,
    Just looked at your profile. I live in Valdese NC near Hickory. If you get the lift,tires,other I'll be more than willing to help you put them on. Have the shop at work including all the tools for the job and the tire changer and balancer. After we get done we can go wheelin'. All I charge is a good meal afterwords and a friendly tug when I get stuck.

Same offer goes to Confederate9 down in Greensboro!! Just hit I-40 to exit 113 takes about 1hr and 35min.
    "need more <font color=green>cash</font color=green>"
    http://<font color=red>http://ryans1site.coloradok5.com</font color=red>

19. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

Hmm, Soft Top, Kayline FastTrac.

Rock Lights

Flex-a-Lite MASSIVE elec fan and get rid of the stock fan and clutch.

JBA headers and new exhaust.

Some other small stuff.

Depdog

<font color=blue>"Lead, Follow, or BECOME the Trail"</font color=blue>

http://depdogsk5.coloradok5.com

20. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

ORD Steering brace (did that today, nice!), 14B rear w/4.56 Detroit, Dana 60 Front with Trak Lock, new rear driveshaft, Dual Batteries w/Hellroaring or Wrangler isolator, transfer case mount, 4 inch spring lift rear with Velvet Ride shackles, 4 inch front lift (Tuff Country both ends), etc.

Spring's list is just as long.........tires/wheels for those 8 lug axles, etc..........

<font color=black>'79 - 406 TPI -<font color=orange> K5#5 - <font color=blue>See it at---&gt;http://www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com