Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WINTER PROJECTS??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Aquaman, Oct 26, 2003.

1. Aquaman

Aquaman 1/2 ton status

Hey guys, the weather is turning cold again. The wheeling is going to halt, or slow quite a bit. And we will all have more time on our hands. So, of course, we will be working on our junk right? Well what are your plans for this winter? I can't wait to get started. I bet ya'll are the same!

Here's my list (in order for the most part)...
    - Find the starting problem, and fix it (no spark)
    - Time/Tune
    - Fix the clutch linkages
    - Put the D60 under
    - Crossover steering
    - Redo exhaust (headers blocking front driveline, and I want it to be much quieter)
    - Reperch 14ff (pointing up too high)
    - Redo rear shackle flip
    - F250 front shock hangers, triangulated rear shocks, RS5000's
    - Anti-wrap bar
    - Put on the Short bed that I picked up
    - Dual np205's (will do a write-up on this when it happens)
    - 15x10's
    - Full cage/dovetail: this will most definately take a long time. I have a spare body that I will be using. I am going to be taking the front clip off, and building a tube section up front, using the fender skins, and hood wrapped on the front tubing (like the ORD k5). The rear hasn't been figured out quite yet.
    - Interior: powerwash, window handles

Looks like a lot, but I keep my truck out at my job. They let me work on it when there isn't anything to do, and there isn't anything to do during the winter. Nobody flys when it's freezing, and there isn't any grass to mow. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

YOUR TURN!!

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

sounds like a plan man. I just moved the K5 into the garage since its getting cooler all the time. I've got the 14 bolt yet, rear shock mount, F250 front towers, reswap Dana 44, Half cab, probably wheel tubs, more fender trimming, interior work, exhaust yet, shackle flip and rear bumper. Fun winter.

3. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

what is this "winter" thing you speak of? for those of us near the hemisphere, we spend all year working on and not driving our trucks..LMAO /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    for those of us near the hemisphere, we spend all year working on and not driving our trucks..LMAO /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ] We do too we just get cold doing it /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

We do more wheeling in the winter and spring than any other time of the year.

That said, my winter projects are to get my bumpers and winch installed and get my 1 ton axles in. I'm considering going crossover/hydro and getting a front locker as well...but that's probably a next spring project with the way money is looking and the fact that I've spent quite a bit already on my bumpers, winch, and 1 ton axles this year.

6. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Wheeling coming to a halt /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif??????????
    What /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif???????
    What do you mean.? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif The good times are just begining /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif..... /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif...... /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
    Hunting season just staretd. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Its going to be raining, snowing, and frigid ass cold. Just the right conditions for four Wheeling. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    I use my truck way more in the winter than in the summer. I depend on it to get me thru deep mud and snow, rocks and sand, all in crappy $h!tty weather . I do a lot of off roading. Winter is when "Old Spots" sees her hardest use.
    Winter is the time to take your jeeper buddys, who think their Heeps are sooooooo hot, out and get them stuck /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    I spend the summer getting my 4x4 in shape for all the places I need to go in Wintertime.. But more importantly My K5 has to get me back.
    Wintertime is when my Mustang to goes in the shop for a few mods /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

7. Snowbound

Snowbound Registered Member

/forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gifWinter project hell My truck is an all year long project every year. Oh and that Jeep thing I do understand it that's why I'm fullsize.

8. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

wheeling never stops for me. I just have acouple of weekend projects...
    Rebuild front end on the luv
    do rear wheel bearings on the luv
    Put flat bed on the F-150
    Theres my list of to do stuff, ah its great wheeling trucks that have enough power in the motors to break anything /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

find a cheap s-10 to drive and take my truck of the road..THEN.....

redo exhuast as well (manifolds back on..stock dual pipes with glass packs and turn downs)
    5" lift
    fix front body mounts
    put rear bumper on
    possibly put floor shifter in if i got some cash( HAH cash..whats that!?)
    start body work /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

I guess my winter project will be to work over winter break so I can get some money so I can have a summer project. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

wow you reminded me about the polyurethane body mounts under my bed /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

12. earl87gta

earl87gta 1/2 ton status

Im puting in a new roll cage, 1ton axles with crossover and hydro streeing, and if money is their after a dobbler.
    Earl

13. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

im gonna be driving mine......my winter project consists of painting my street truck and installing the new motor/tranny.disk brakes fuel cell,basically re-doing a 67 gmc short wide box....im afraid the blazer isnt gonna get much love this winter.... just gonna drive it to work and back...

14. 99firehawk

99firehawk 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Wheeling coming to a halt ??????????
    What ???????
    What do you mean.? The good times are just begining ..... ......
    Hunting season just staretd.
    Its going to be raining, snowing, and frigid ass cold. Just the right conditions for four Wheeling.
    I use my truck way more in the winter than in the summer. I depend on it to get me thru deep mud and snow, rocks and sand, all in crappy $h!tty weather . I do a lot of off roading. Winter is when "Old Spots" sees her hardest use.
    Winter is the time to take your jeeper buddys, who think their Heeps are sooooooo hot, out and get them stuck
    I spend the summer getting my 4x4 in shape for all the places I need to go in Wintertime.. But more importantly My K5 has to get me back.
    Wintertime is when my Mustang to goes in the shop for a few mods

[/ QUOTE ]

Truer words were never spoken..................except the stang part /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif With my truck ready for winter my other car will be going into the garage for a "few" mods /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

15. bigmike72

bigmike72 Registered Member

Winter? Don't get much of that here but do have some minor projects:
    -Fix steering box (loose as hell)
    -Replace rear main seal on the 350
    -Install soft top (like I said, not much of a winter here and it's on order now)
    -Install audio system (nothing special, just something to listen to when camping)
    -Find a rear seat and then figure out how to mount the damn thing
    -Get rid of the rear blocks and install a shackle-flip
    -Finish restoring the interior (minor things like window handle and arm rest)
    -that's the near tearm stuff, gotta a bunch of crud to do after that /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif