Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Winter Snow Tow

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by eclipse, Nov 26, 2006.

1. eclipse

eclipse 1/2 ton status

Well the wife and I went christmas tree shopping with another couple today. For fun we took an hour and half drive north to Sandpoint ID to go to a tree farm and cut down a tree. More just for the drive and fun than anything. So I figured hey we both want big trees so lets pile in the burb and I'll grab the car trailer and talk about an easy way to haul a 8ft and a 11ft christmas trees.

It couldn't have been a more perfect day, it started snowing half the way up there so we got to cut down and load up our trees in the snow. With the car trailer for the most part empty it wasn't a bad haul in the snow. Also my new bfg all terrians on the burb are awesome in the snow.

First is a pic when we got back in town after almost 2 hours on the road in a snow storm going 30-40mph the whole way in traffic.

The second pic is of our extra large tree tarped on the trailer
    and the third is the wife standing next to our trophy of the day in the house :D

112606_1552.jpg

112606_1644.jpg

112606_1900.jpg

2. HEAVY METAL

HEAVY METAL 1/2 ton status

wow.....big tree dude........gona need a genny to power those lights?

3. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

thats a big tree dude...we got our tree on Saturday...first time to get it done this early but its pretty nice to have it done.
    So how many lights will it take? Our tree is 8' (after some *snip* *snip*) and I put on about 800 total...

-A