Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Winter Time Jeep Fun!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Willy-N, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Willy-N

Willy-N Registered Member

Well it has been a while since I have posted but the 1963 CJ5 Jeep has been running great with no problems at all! A couple days ago I watched 6 - 4X4 Trucks going up a road in the snow in front of my house. Saw several try 2-3 times to get up it, one slide into the side of the bank on the curve and another one having to be pulled out cause he was totaly stuck. Now there was around 12 inches of messed up snow by now on the long hill. Some of the vehicals were newer SUVs, Jacked up Chevys and a newer small pick up 4X4. After they left for the day I figured I would give it a try myself for a test of my Jeep seeing all the problems that had going up. This way if I blew it no body could laugh at me. Put it is 1st gear high range and just drove up the hill? No spinning, no bouncing around and it went up the hill with no problem! Now I wish I had drove over there and showed those kids how to drive in snow!! It was still fun maybe next time they come up here from town I will follow them this time and injoy the fun. Note the biggest problem I had on the hill was the tracks did not match mine so I was going in and out of the wide ones pulling the hill. Mark H.

2. Willy-N

Wrong Site! At least the Chevy made it up OK!

Sorry guys I posted this on the wrong site! Don't want nobody upset with the Jacked up Chevy comment! Nice part was the Jacked up Chevy was the one that made it up with out a problem and pulled the other guy out! As far as My 1977 1 Ton Chevy 4X4 I did not try the hill with it because I did not think the Duals would be the best choise for going up it! Mark H.

3. midnitewarya

midnitewarya Sounds like a problem for future me. Premium Member

Ohhhhh, I feel that some of our members are not true believers. :D

Al

4. resurrected_jimmy

resurrected_jimmy 1/2 ton status

Nice save with the helpful chevy driver comment though, seems the guy driving the '63 wasn't being one of those helpful jeep drivers we all talk about and think twice about before hitting the breaks :haha:

Seriously though, what motor is in your jeep?

5. Willy-N

I figured with 6 Teenagers

I figure with 6 teenagers a 54 year old guy would not fit in telling or helping them out. The Chevy Truck was the leader of the pack on this group and did not seem to have a problem. That was when I wish I still had my Jacked up Chevy 4X4 that was set up for playing still. I am running a 155 hp Chevy V-6 in it with a Posi Rear, Lift Kit, full role cage, 9 forward speeds and 3 reverse. Since it was a 1963 it was still a Jeep not a new one. Mark H.