Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Winter vehicle to sacrifice to the Salt Gods.....FWD or 4WD

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by Greg72, Oct 22, 2004.

1. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi all,

Now that the cross country move is complete, it won't be long until the snow starts to fly. I refuse to drive my "nice" vehicles in the snow and subject them to the salt and inevitable rust that will consume them in a few short years....

So I'm looking for a vehicle that I don't care about (like a Jeep!) to drive during the winter months while the Blazer(s) and Burb are in hibernation! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif Obviously, I am looking for this in the New England area (preferably NH) so if you know of a vehicle that would match this description (good in snow & cheap) lemme know.

Thx.

/forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

2. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Hi all,

Now that the cross country move is complete, it won't be long until the snow starts to fly. I refuse to drive my "nice" vehicles in the snow and subject them to the salt and inevitable rust that will consume them in a few short years....

So I'm looking for a vehicle that I don't care about (like a Jeep!) to drive during the winter months while the Blazer(s) and Burb are in hibernation! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif Obviously, I am looking for this in the New England area (preferably NH) so if you know of a vehicle that would match this description (good in snow & cheap) lemme know.

Thx.

/forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey man good to see you out here again.
    So the move is done.
    I agree with you wanting to sacrifice a common car or truck as opposed to sacrificing your nice trucks.
    Find a subaru it the best car on snow and gets good mileage.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Ah yes, I remember the days when I had to keep a "winter rat" around to drive for half of the year. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Working on old, rusted-into-one-solid-piece junk wasn't much fun either. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Pick up a copy of The Want Advertiser at the local stop and rob. LOTS of stuff for sale and it's all categorized very nicely. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

4. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

what colorado doesnt have salt for roads ? or ?

5. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

I don't believe so, I think they probably use sand, as I know Oregon and Washington do. Seems like a lot of Nebraska and Kansas trucks rust though, so who knows. Randy, I plan on moving out west when I'm about 25-27, so I'll look you up then and we'll go together. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Get out of this sheet metal-hating region. /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif

6. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Hey Randy....In Oregon, its Illegal to use salt on the roads /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif