Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Winterizing tips

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Jan 6, 2002.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I was just thinking about what I need to do to the K5 and the wife's car to since winter's finally showing up... We're supposed to get our first snow tonight, yahoo!!

So today I'm thinking I need to give 'em a good scrubbing, rain-x the glass and double coat of wax on the body to make the snow and ice slide off quicker (old trick I used in my dodge days that I forgot about). I wonder if now might be a good time to pull the clutch fan and use the electric supplemental pusher as the primary fan (the truck is running ice cold all the time since I cleaned out the rad fins and the cooler weather is in)...

Sooooooo, what's everybody's custom winterizing techniques/tips?

Ratch
    <a target="_blank" href=http://k5.8m.com>k5.8m.com</a>
    Prior signature burnt. This one on temporarily.

2. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

upstate NY(although I cant figure out why)
    I try to wash the rust at least once a season (you might want to do this more often if you still have paint). Really though wash her often(underneith too) to keep the salt demons at bay

DRIVE IT LIKE ITS YOUR BOSSES!!!
    Luke
    84 K5

3. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

I just removed the summer air from my tires and put in some of that new winter air from Canada. They say it stands up to the cold better.

I'm not late im on Central Standard Time