Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wiper Arm Removal??

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Burt4x4, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Hey dudes, how do I unclip the wiper arms so I can remove the cowl?
    I poked around with it and figured I would ask before I go bending the BZZZZ out of it /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    Thanks

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

HAHAHAHAHAHA

I knew this question was coming! It usually does after someone asks "Hey how do I remove the front clip?" /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The wipers are pressed on to a splined shaft. There is no set screw or other secret stuff going on. All you have to do is lay a towel down around it, and pry up (GENTLY) on the underside of the wiperarms near the shaft with a screwdriver or a more appropriate tool. They will simply FLY off and sail either into your eye, or onto an adjacently parked vehicle....placing a big scratch on the hood.

.... or maybe you'll be lucky. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

hahahahahahah LOL
    Dude Thanks
    Hey I'll se you soon hopefully I will be makin a trip your way.
    Thanks Brother /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

Mine have a funky little clip holding them on the splined shaft, but if you can't get to it (PITA) they'll still come off.

My cowl was a pain to get off as a couple of the threaded nuts for the cowl broke loose and the bolt just spun and spun ...

5. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I was afraid the spinning nut was gonna bite me too but I got lucky and the bolts came out. My wiper arms did pop off like Greg said they would. So I got the cowl off. Next step...they whole clipA Roooski /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

6. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

Glad it's coming along, throw in a pic so we can see where you are at now.

7. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

so what are you going to do to that first gen? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif
    I haven't been on much as the sight was way to slow for awhile... /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif
    but looks to be running fine now....

8. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

FI454 is going in. I will post up some pics soon. I have the front clip off now, still need to snap some photos of that but stay tuned..... /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif