Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wiper delay module blues

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Cavalry, Jan 14, 2001.

1. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

upstate NY(although I cant figure out why)
    My wipers dont work right on inter...Sometimes they do sometimes not. high and low work fine, so i would suspect the module. How can I test one?

Luke
    84 K5
    [​IMG]

2. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

upstate NY(although I cant figure out why)
    Does this need to be grounded? I just looked at it and it isnt bolted to anything....just a floppin, which would explain a lot

Luke
    84 K5
    [​IMG]

3. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

The Sub. does the same thing. I was just going to replace the switch. If you find the proplem, I would be interested in what it is.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.blazen91.coloradok5.com>http://www.blazen91.coloradok5.com</A>
    Protect the land FOR the people
    Not FROM the people

4. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

Here's one for ya. We've had both our '81 and '82 have this little wiper quirk. Every once and a while when you flip on the turn signal the wiper makes one pass and stops. The '78 never did that and I haven't seen it in the '89 do it yet. Doesn't bug me, just kinda funny [​IMG]

June 2001 - The Texas Sawz All masacre begins. Be afraid rust, be very afraid.

5. azjimmy

azjimmy Registered Member

Sounds like your module is junk, but I have seen a bad switch do the same thing, easiest way to figure which it is, change the module (easiest to get to), if it still acts up take it back and get a switch, dealer or parts store usually won't complain too much. Pat

<font color=red>Don't sweat the small stuff, and it's all small stuff!</font color=red>[​IMG]
    '76 Jimmy, 6" w/35's 4.88's and all locked up