Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

wiper help?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bobalob, Nov 28, 2005.

1. bobalob

bobalob 1/2 ton status

Jul 20, 2005
    okay i have no book for this truck and am not familiar with it(Dads truck) 95 1/2 ton, wipers just keep blowing the fuse when activated and I am not seeing any shorts. Does wiper motor need to come out and how do I get it out. Any ideas or advice would be appreciated. Kind of need wipers in Washington :D . on a related topic the wipers on my 79 k5 are super slow is this just a tired wiper motor or standard
  2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Dec 13, 2000
    On the blowing the fuse issue: it's very likely that the problem is up in the steering column. Tilt I'm guessing?

If the problem is 100% consistent, disconnect the wiring plug (column side) on the wiper delay module, which should be right around the steering column under the dash, (aluminum fins, about 5" long I'd say) and check each wire for short to ground with a multimeter. I don't have the wiring diagram for the switch at hand, but if you do a search on this board you'll find various links to stock wiring manuals though.