Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

wiper help

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by scoutguy, Apr 28, 2002.

1. scoutguy

scoutguy Newbie

my wipers started having some problem and now they dont work at all. at first they would stop with the blades vertical on the glass then they stoped working completely. the fuse is not blown. I was wondering if this happen to anyone else. what is the best fix. what is wrong? i would appreciate any help.

2. alta-aj

alta-aj Registered Member

There is a small chance that it is the switch or the wiring but I'm betting the motor that drives the wipers has decided to quit. It is mounted inside the cab just to the right of the ignition switch and bolted with three bolts to the firewall. It isn't a real lot of fun to get out as you have to take the wipers themselves and the cowling between the hood and windshield off - watch the paint (kind of a 2 man job if the paint job is nice), remove the clip and disconnect the wiper drive arms from the motor lever, then from the inside using about an 18" extension with I believe a 7/16 hex nutdriver bit, loosen and remove the three previously mentioned nuts. There is also a couple of wires and the windshield washer hoses to disconnect. Then you should have the motor and washer pump in your hands. That's my two cents (they are only the little Canadian ones /forums/images/icons/wink.gif ). Have fun.