Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wiper Motor/Rear. Slider window conversion Q's?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5XLR8R, Jun 10, 2001.

1. K5XLR8R

K5XLR8R 1/2 ton status

Wiper Motor/Rear. Slider window conversion Q\'s?

I was wondering how hard and how much of a pain in the ass it would be to swap an '83 wiper motor into an '86??? Whats needed and will I need an extesive knowledge of the electrical theory?? Also, I'm looking at my spare hartop and thinking that since the rubber is 10x's better and the seals are good I might want to swap it for the one I have, but I like the tint on the solid windows I have now...whats the way to go about swapping glass???....or even tinting glass youself???? Thanks people!
    Jordan

Yep!! It's definatly a jEEP thing...So, what your excuse???

2. Mudstud

Mudstud 1/2 ton status

Re: Wiper Motor/Rear. Slider window conversion Q\'s?

Man, I'm thinking I'd either just tint the glass myself or take it somewhere instead of swapping it out. The cost for tinting can't be worth as much time and energy it'd take to change it all out. Plus no risk of cracking or damaging the glass. Just my thoughts.
    As far as wiring - I bet the color codes would be the same on each year so just compare and see. I think mine has 3 or 5 wires.

Stuck is a state of mind!

Mudstud
    76K5 sb400/350/203parttime/3.73-D44/GM12 locked

3. prjt_blzr

prjt_blzr 1/2 ton status

If I remember this correctly, the 83 motor will plug into the 86 harness. The only possible difference is the washer motor wiring. At some point in the mid 80's GM changed the washer motor from an integral design to a remote pump located on the washer bottle. If this is the case for you all you need to do is wire in a remote washer pump. You'll need to cut and splice the white and pink wires to do this. It is easier if you can pull a washer bottle and pump from a donor vehicle and you'll also get a bigger washer bottle. If you have delayed wipers I would use the GM washer pump from a donor vehicle as some engineer used the feedback from the pump to power the wiper delay circuit. I'm not sure how the delay circuit will react to a non GM pump.

4. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

are you tinting a sliding window? or a solid piece of glass? the solid window would be very easy to do, since it doesn't have a compound curve, or weird edges.
    just use lots of liquid to position the film, and take your time.
    and go with the limo tint.

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>