Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

wiper motor

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mostwanted, Jul 14, 2006.

1. mostwanted

mostwanted 1/2 ton status

My wipers do not always return to home when turned off and the intermittent and low doesn't work. Sometime it seems as if they have a hard time getting started in high. Would a new wiper motor solve this?

2. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

Sounds more like the controller. What year truck?

3. mostwanted

4. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

I'd probably say the module. But it could be the motor. Perhaps a bad ground , the motor grounds to the body, the module (in cab usally tied to the steering column, little black box with alum. fins on it) grounds in the cab. The wiring is a bit tricky, You can kinda of test the motor. Find the white wire going to pin C on the 3pin connector. With the key on, there should always be 12v present here. The module just plays games with grounding out other pins to get low speed and high speed. I don't remember which ones though. Sorry.
    Anyhow, I'd probably check the ground on the module in the cab, (black wire, pin d, on the side going out to the motor (not the side plugged into the switch) and see if that's good. Best thing to do though is goto the junkyard and pull a couple of modules, and swap them out.
    My best guess would be the module.

Here's a post with the raw diagram. OEM colors in the corner. YOur motor is the same, except no integrated washer pump.
    http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174785&highlight=wiper

5. mostwanted

thanks 73k5blazer, I will troubleshoot this weekend. That is a very helpful post.

6. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

mine did the same thing and it was the controller under the column.