Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

wiper questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by coolhandluke, Nov 19, 2001.

1. coolhandluke

coolhandluke 1/2 ton status

wiper questions

Ok, Just got my new toy (an 83) and I'm trying to remember how the wipers work.

1. How do you get them to squirt? I thought you either pushed the button in, or slid it left, but neither works...

2. Also, is there an intermitent setting? isn't that why the nob has the clockwise arrow on it? this doesn't work either.

sometimes nothing is a real cool hand

what we have here is a failure to communicate

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

maybe the pump is shot I had to get an aftermarket pump, don't know about intermitent I have a 74, I am the intermitent

<font color=blue> I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!

3. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

It should push to squirt, might be the pump. It is intermittent if you have the arrow, could be the switch or the "module" that plugs in between the switch and the motor. I would suspect a faulty switch since both functions.....don't function....[​IMG]

Michael[​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm>www.jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm</a>