Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wiper Switch Knob Question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by beefcake83, Sep 14, 2000.

1. beefcake83

beefcake83 1/2 ton status

On my '83 K5 Jimmy, I have the sliding wiper switch on the dash that has 5 positions. Starting from left: 1) washer/mist, 2) Neutral, 3) ?? - Nothing works, 4) Low wiper speed, and 5) High wiper speed. It also has an arrow on the round knob pointing in the clockwise direction. Turning the knob doesn't seem to do anything either in any position.
    Can someone solve the mystery of the dead position and the arrowed knob that does nothing. I'm hoping that I have intermitant wipers and something's just not right but easily fixed. Thanks, Gary

Gary Graham
    '83 GMC Jimmy 350 'Beefcake'
    Eielson AFB, Alaska
    Metallica & Mountain Dew

2. Captkaos

Captkaos 1/2 ton status

Well, it should be 1- wash/mist, 2- off, 3- intermittent, 4- low and 5- high. The arrow on the knob is the delay time for the intermittent. Turning it in the clockwise direction "speeds up" the intermittence. Or clockwise is faster.

Chris Lucas
    http://www.captkaoscustoms.com

3. beefcake83

beefcake83 1/2 ton status

Well, that's what I was hoping for... intermintant wipers. Now to figure out why the intermintant part's not responding... any suggestions? - Gary

Gary Graham
    '83 GMC Jimmy 350 'Beefcake'
    Eielson AFB, Alaska
    Metallica & Mountain Dew

4. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

I understand the easiest way to fix the problem is to go to the wrecking yard and pull one off a truck (or blazer) that has intermittent wipers and put it on yours. It sounds like your switch is faulty.
    BTW, I have the non-intermittent wipers and I've been thinking of switching to the intermittent switch. I've been told that all you do is unbolt your old switch and bolt in the new one.
    -- Mike