Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wiper Trouble

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by daleearnhardt01, Apr 10, 2003.

1. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Man its only the worst rain weve had in a while and just before I got home they stopped for a second mid stroke and then went on as usual. Backed up in the drive and they wont shut off everytime and now all I have is high/low instead of intermittent. What do I need to do? Isnt it a common problem? /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

yeh thats my prob, i got a short somewhere, whenever i take the truck town for the big block swap im gonna put the column from my donor suburban in. i just learned to live with it. Someone talked about a plug on the firewall you can clean and sometimes it will cure it for awhile but i didnt recognize what plug it was. Maybe pull plugs on wiper lookin stuff (good tech explination) and clean em. Replace the switch would be next.

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

my wiper still does high low and intermediate ok but it wont shut of all the time now..the wipers need to like be back at there normal position for me to stop them..or they keep going...wierd

4. daleearnhardt01

I went back and searched for this and found some stuff: Something about the contacts on the park thingy in the motor? Should I try that first? Should my next item be the wiper switch in the column? I mean it just started doin it tonight all of a sudden. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

5. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

clean the connections, perhapes use a test light to see if your getting voltge intermittantly, ya know what im saying. if the light goes on and off when you have the switch on, if not start diagnoseing other problems. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gifLIFTED /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

6. daleearnhardt01

Well I went out this mornin to fiddle with it and got it to work right again some of the time. If I kept on turnin the slector it would start working. Thinkin its the switchi in the column??

7. stump_puller

stump_puller 1/2 ton status

Mine is the same way it stays on all the time. For the moment I just unplugged the fuse. I think I'm just gonna run a switch on the dash for power so I don't have to keep crawling under the dash to pull and plug the fuse when ever it rains. PAIN IN THE BUTT /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

8. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I went through this problem last year. I changed the wiper motor,relay,and the switch in the column. Come to find out it was the switch. It's not hard to replace at all,just got to find one locally /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. daleearnhardt01

Went to the truck this morning and fiddled and fooled and got it to work properly again. Alls well for the time being /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif