Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wiper Troubles Driving Me Crazy

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by daleearnhardt01, Aug 17, 2003.

1. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

90 with intermittent wipers. Sometimes or just off/on while on intermittant midway across the windshield they stop for about a few seconds. Then they continue. Sometimes after that they will work fine or start to go non-intermittinantly. Its driving me up the wall, I cant figure it out to save my life. Any ideas?

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

when it gives you problems, can you knock on the column and make it work right?

3. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

Any work done on your column lately? (ie. turn signal canceling cam/switch, wiper washer switch, column bearings, etc...)

4. MA87K5

MA87K5 1/2 ton status

I had the same problem. Do a search for more info. Adjust the bolt that sticks out the top of the wiper motor. My problem went away when I did that.

5. daleearnhardt01

Ive tried fiddling/jiggling with the column and nothing happens. I put a new key cylinder in two years ago so that shouldnt be the problem. Ill give the bolt thing a try.

6. daleearnhardt01

Did you tighten or loosen up that bolt? Thanks

7. mattman

mattman 1/2 ton status

On your wiper motor under the hood, is a plastic cover. Underneath this cover is a switch. The switch can be removed from the motor. The contacts get dirty and cause park problems. Clean the contacts (check with a multimeter if you got one) and it might solve your problem.

8. daleearnhardt01

9. Nitrodrip350

Nitrodrip350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    On your wiper motor under the hood, is a plastic cover. Underneath this cover is a switch. The switch can be removed from the motor. The contacts get dirty and cause park problems. Clean the contacts (check with a multimeter if you got one) and it might solve your problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not trying to hijack the post but can this be done on all years? I have the problem of the wipers not parking correctly, just stops 1/2 way up the windshield!

Thanks, Shane

10. MA87K5

MA87K5 1/2 ton status

I loosened the bolt up a little. What the bolt does is put tension on the gear. Too much and the wipers will stop go stop go or just stop. Too little and the wipers won't stop.