Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wipers need excorcism

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by txfireman110, Mar 27, 2004.

1. txfireman110

txfireman110 1/2 ton status

The wipers are spazzing out on my 98 Z71 /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gifThey don't ever go the speed I set them for, its either full tilt or nada /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gifWhat's the deal?, and how do I fix it?
    Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. chebywanna

chebywanna 1/2 ton status

not sure if it is the same problem but mine (94) used to move as they pleased, meaning they would stop middle and then start up again no pattern.
    they are known for problematic circuit boards on the wiper motor thingy, a lot of them were recalled, i think yours was too so stop by the stealer and see if he replaces it for ya.
    its the contacts where the plug with all the wires is sodered on to the circuit board, the suder brakes and makes poor connection, makes your stuff flip out.
    if its not the board, than i dunno, haven't heard of any other problems.

3. bckinblk

bckinblk 1/2 ton status

Yes I agree .Gm had a recall for this problem..Just bring it in and it should be fixed free of charge,,,Good luck /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

The recall is for a specific range of vehicles. You should be able to call and have them run your VIN. On my '94 there wasn't a wiper upgrade (my motor was bad and I had intermittant wiper problems, so had to get a replacement) but there was a brake recall.