Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wipers Not Working

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by rockinw, May 31, 2002.

1. rockinw

rockinw Registered Member

Has anyone else had a problem with their windshield wipers not working. My 93 Sub's wipers work most all of the time, BUT sometimes they will not come on. I turn them on and start driving they may come on after a half mile they may come on after 10 miles. I have talked to other Chevy truck owners and some have the same problem but never a fix. Kevin

2. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

It's a known problem with that body style chevys. The solder joints on the board in the window control module under the hood were cold soldered and they come loose, you can fix it yourself or get an updated new one.

3. rockinw

Jason, I am confused. Did you mean wiper control module? Can you point me to the where it is? Also have an alternator question. Big amp and sub woofer and a/c, little alternator. Kevin

4. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

On my '95 dually they had a recall for this. They replace the printed circuit board on the wiper motor. Check with your local Chevy dealer your truck may be under the recall, And if it is they'll replace the board for free. It takes about half an hour for them to do.

5. rockinw

Called the local Chevy dealer. Of course he said no recall was ever made. New circuit board is $53. Took mine out cleaned it and the contact points. I am going to give that a try. We had a monsoon here last nite and no wipers to get home with. What a pain in the ---. Kevin

6. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

The dealer is full of [censored]. I had mine replaced under a federal DOT recall on the wipers.

7. rockinw

That's what I think also. If I had the DOT recall notice I would make him eat it. How can I find out for sure?

8. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

There's a web page that list things like this, I don't know the address. Maybe post a ? in the garage about where to find recall notices. Once they put a recall out they have to do it no matter how long till the truck comes in. As long as it hasn't been done once already. Here's 2 recalls on mine 95-C-43 and 95-C-65 or 68 or 69. The writing is hard to make out the last number as it's hand written.

9. rockinw