Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wipers on high

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by FL84K5, Jun 17, 2002.

1. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

When my wipers are on the high setting, they go the same speed as on the low setting. Is the problem in the motor or in the switch itself? We're starting to get some heavy showers here, and driving with only low isn't much fun. Thanks

2. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

3. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

I have the same problem and everyone told me motor.

4. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

I cant help you w/ your wiper question Jason, but this rain is makin some killer mud aint it! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

lol, its fun driving down my dirt road. Driving down Blanton road out to my place isnt fun though, the water dosnt drain off the road good. Now I need to get out to Richloam now that its not as dry.

6. Pure Insanity

As soon as I get the next round of goodies thrown at PI its gonna be AWN!

Blanton road....I KNOW I have been on that road, where is it? Are you talking about 41 that goes by PHCC? Yeah thats gotta be it. And yeah that road SUX when it rains. It holds at the bottom of the hills and rushes down the sides of the road in a good down pour.

7. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

Yep, thats the road. I got stuck driving home in the big rainstorm we had about 1 today. I live out by the Sertoma Youth Ranch, so its quite a drive.

8. Pure Insanity

I used to date a girl that lived out on Clay Sink Rd.! LOL!That has grown up big time out there. I was out there maybe 4-6 months ago. Surprised me how much it has changed. That was one hard rain we had today wasnt it? Its still raining in town. And hasnt hardly stopped all day.

9. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

Yeah, that was a really hard rain. Its been raing pretty much non stop out here too. And it supposed to tomorrow, which is fine by me, makes my job at work a whole lot eaiser. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

10. Jed

Jed Registered Member

There is a test you can do to see if it is the wiper motor. I wish I had a copy of the clymer manual from which I remember this...

Get a long wire or voltmeter probe and find a good ground connection near the wiper motor. On the bottom electrical connector to the wiper motor (3 wires going into it), as I recall the middle one when grounded should turn on the motor in normal speed. Grounding the rightmost one should put the motor into highspeed mode. If grounding the high speed one just produces regular speed then it's your motor.

Note that to ground them you leave the connector still attached to the wiper motor and sneak the ground wire in from the back of the connector.

You'll find more info on solving wiper problems if you do a search in this forum.