Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

wipers stuck on

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by muddbogg89, Jan 30, 2003.

1. muddbogg89

muddbogg89 Registered Member

My windshield wipers are stuck on /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif I had to pull the fuse.
    when you move the selector the delay settings don't work, : only the hi setting changes anything.I thought it might be the switch(turn signal arm)and got one from a bone yard,this did not help.
    Anyone have any ideas? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif
    thanks

2. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

Send UseYourBlinker a PM or search his posts. He had this one figured out I think!
    Good luck!

3. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

Check on the driver side firewall area where the wiper motor and stuff is. There is a controller for the "park" function of the wipers. First just try taking off the connector, cleaning it, and plugging it back in. If that doesn't work than you might need a new part.

4. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

they had some problems on the late model stuff and the cricuit board on the wiper motor.

5. K05Aggie

K05Aggie 1/2 ton status

Mine are stuck on, too. I unplugged the connector at the motor. I use Rain-X, so I never use the wipers anyway.

6. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Yeh i got this prob now too. Cept mine i can turn off. Any of the delay settings are low, low is low, high is high, but if i switch it to off they stay on low. To get them to cut off i have to flip em to mist till the wipers get to the bottom and then release and they stop.

7. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Damn thats exactly what I was gona say. After 2 yrs my delay actualy worked for a month after my body lift but now they are back to normal cept they turn off in delay after a few minutes and stay where there at till I flip them to high

Only the having to push the handle to unlock the door beats the quirkiness of the wipers /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. Stickseler

Damn thats exactly what I was gona say. After 2 yrs my delay actualy worked for a month after my body lift but now they are back to normal cept they turn off in delay after a few minutes and stay where there at till I flip them to high

Only the having to push the handle to unlock the door beats the quirkiness of the wipers /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9. Stickseler

Speaking of quirky /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

It's the swith in the steering column. I had the same thing happen to me. I replaced the wiper motor,wiper delay,wiper arm,and the wiper switch. Come to find out it was a fried switch! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

I wasted $300 /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

11. muddbogg89

muddbogg89 Registered Member

It's been snowing here today so I did something to quick-fix it.I took the fuse out and used a in-line fuse going to a toggle swicth. At least I can turn them off and on now.

thanks for everones input