Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wire colors for bypassing the window up/down safety switch

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 89Blazin, Jun 18, 2002.

1. 89Blazin

89Blazin 1/2 ton status

Not in the tech section, and I've read it here in the past. Can anyone tell me which wires by color code I need to jumper in order to bypass the rear window up/down safety switch? I know where the harness is, and have found the plug...figured I'd put in a temporary jumper until I get time to replace the switch. /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

2. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

I'm more familar with the older style wiring, but most will cross over here. Brown=down Blue=Up Red=constat hot for key operated switch. The later models like yours have a Black wire going to the gate too. I think thats a ground, my '82 doesn't have that. Take off the access panel and stick your hand up by the latch on the driver's side. There is a plug going in there that hooks up to the safety switch. Simply unplug that and stick a jumper in that plug and things will work just fine.