Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wire loom

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by livin4jesus777, Feb 26, 2001.

1. livin4jesus777

livin4jesus777 Registered Member

Hi, i am in despret need. My electrical system, is, well, rigged. What i want is a wiring loom to completly re-wire my truck. i know that LMC Truck sells one, but i was going to see if anyone else out there knows of where i can get one and for how much $$. Please help!

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

use the parts wanted/for sale page. If you need the whole wiring harness, you might be able to get one there. Prepare to do SOME soldering if you want it absolutely stock. 99% of the time, SOME wire has been cut, or some crap added that need not be. If you need wire loom, go to the wrecking yard, GM used the same stuff for about 30 years. BTW, loom is the stuff that they put the wire in to protect it.

Dorian
    My K5 and Chev/Olds tech/links page: <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html>http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html</A>

3. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Ok... having rewired a few vehicles, a total rewire of a vehicle is a complet pain in the you know what. I would suggest going to a wrecking yard and getting a harness or parts of a harness and rewire only the areas/systems in need. I highly recomend soldering and shrinkwrap. On any Computerized system this is a must. If you really need the whole harness then just get one from Ron Francis... it will save you a lot of hassles. Also wire loom can be gotten at pretty much any hardwar store for a few bucks

1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI

4. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Painless Wiring makes a primo harness kit, runs right about 4 bills for a quad light setup, and 350 for 2 light.

[image]file:///C:/My Documents/blazer1.jpg[image]