Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wire routing inside door

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rampage, Sep 4, 2001.

1. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

I have electric doors and replaced the door with a new one. It's all together except it looks like the wiring can only be routed one way due to the length of the wire and moving parts. Can someone tell me the correct routing for the wires. After coming through the door do they go between the motor assembly and the inside door panel? I'd hate to route the wires in the wrong location and they end up getting sliced by the window and shorting everything out. [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

I seem to remember the harnes laying in the bottom of the door with the wires to the switches going upp from that, running between the door-panel and the doormetal.

Maybe someone else have been in there more recent.

<font color=red><a target="_blank" href=http://www.espen88k5.alloffroad.com>www.espen88k5.alloffroad.com</a></font color=red>

3. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

Any one else?
    I've replaced both my doors so I have nothing to go by right now. [​IMG]

4. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Rampage... I'm gonna have my Passenger side door panel off on my 87 (power door locks and windows) this weekend and can try and get a decent pic for you if you'd like. See if I can get one around the stuff in the way. The wires should kinda form back to the way they were, but I don't remember off had exactly how they go. You can also hook up everything and make sure it looks ok and then slow put the window up and down and make sure everything looks like it will clear.

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch</a>

5. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

Pics would be great !!
    Since I had the doors off, the wires were bent in all sorts of directions. I've thought about doing the trial and error way and I have an idea of how they route, but I'd like to be 100% positive they are back in the same way as before. Those windows look like they would make great wire cutters [​IMG]
    Thanks for the help Capt.

6. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

on a similar note, does anyone know the voltage at the motor? i'm going to check the wires @ connection, because it seems that there's not enough juice going to the pass side.

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>

7. Mreetz

Mreetz 1/2 ton status

Mine is doing the same thing. Passenger side will need a little help going up once in a while.....

1984 K-5
    4" lift
    35x12.5 MTs
    buildin a 400 for it, any info greatly appreciated