Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wire routing?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jfaulk, Mar 8, 2007.

1. jfaulk

jfaulk Registered Member

I am running a wire from my dash down to the trans pan and I am also running a new speedo cable. Think it would be alright to run the wire and the cable through the same hole together? It makes sense to me because they are basically going to the same place. Anything I'm overlooking? Thanks

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Should have no problem running them through the same grommet.

IIRC, the speedo cable grommet is pretty soft, run the wire before putting connectors on the end and it should fit through pretty easily, shouldn't need to make any mods.

3. jfaulk

jfaulk Registered Member

Thanks. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't something glaringly obvious that I was overlooking.

4. AZ79K5Project

AZ79K5Project 1/2 ton status

Just my $0.02 and maybe being overly cautious here: I would run the wire through a different grommet hole if possible, depending on the size of the wire. The speedo cable is fairly rigid. With the movement and vibration, you may have problems down the road.

I personally don't like to share space with electical wires and cables of any type.