Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WIREING HELP it worked then stopped....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Confederate9, Oct 10, 2002.

1. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

ok we i have wired my CB directly into my fuse box.
    i put it in the IGN plug that is about 1 inch above the IGN fuse. but now where i plugged it in doesnt have any power.
    what should i do? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif
    the truck starts fine etc.....
    /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. or2play

or2play 1/2 ton status

you got it grounded?

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I can't recall off the top of my head how those are fed. Some of those accessory terminals are fed via the circuit breakers in the fuse panel, and some are straight battery I believe.

You say you have no power, so I'm assuming you've checked voltage in those ports with the key in the run position?

4. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

yea i had it turned so that the radio would play, which was the position it had to be in to work before

5. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Most of those accessory ports are on the same circuit, in a vertical direction. (say, ignition acc. ports all run on the same circuit, vertically)

Apparently GM changed the fuse panels after '83...my fuse panel (unknown vintage, but after '83 for sure) has all the accessory ports at the top...earlier ones were scattered about the panel. So if you have a panel that has the accessory ports all over the place, I don't know whats going on : ) They may be tied into the closest fuse though...

Let me know what fuse panel we are dealing with, and if its the style with the accessory ports on top, when I get home I'll try my best to deceipher the wiring inside the fuse panel, and/or look at the spare fuse panel I have laying around.