Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wireless Internet Cafes....How the hell does it work?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BlazerGuy, Dec 29, 2004.

1. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I might sound like an idiot but how does the wireless internet at the internet cafes work? Do you have to pay? Or do you just open up a browser and your ready to go? I have the wireless thingy on my laptop so I guess I should just go and try for myself but I figured I'd see if anyone here has done it so I don't look like a complete dumbass....

2. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

you can sit out side in your truck and pick up the signal, a fried of mine udes to be a paramedic, she would sit in the ambulance and get on teh internet while they were parked, pretty cool stuff

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

A lot depends on if they allow open access to anyone - and even then you may have to get their password to connect. Places like Starbucks that have T-Mobile require you to have an account with T-Mobile (as Starbucks only provides the access point). Wireless rocks!

4. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Most of them just use a basic Wii Fi like you can get for home. As said above just get the password. Some I have seen dont even use a password. They just use wharever the hardware device name is. Enter the hardware name and channel # they use on your wireless card and you are in.