Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wireless winch controler on the CHEAP.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by darkshadow, Jan 30, 2006.

1. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

Have i wire less winch and more!!!!!!!

with 4 channels, you can power multiple accessories, used 4 internal 15 amp relays.

great for anything, i am going to hook it to my winch in/out:woot::woot:, and locks for remote locking/unlocking.:bow::bow:

came with wireing harnesses remote, with extendable anntenna and a velcro pad to mount it.

I am so stoked about this, i can get more so if any one wants one PM me and ill mail it out!!!

remote.JPG

2. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

Uhh....so what the price? Just curious.

3. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

uh cheap!:D j/k ya man. look good, hope it works out good!

4. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

it should it says, max range 185 ft, witch is triple the range of the kit sold just for your winch.
    and the whole thing was about 50 bucks! way cheaper then the winch kit!!!!!!!

5. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

The only caution I'd make is to figure out what frequencies it uses to broadcast to the receiver (and is it smart enough to only accept signals from YOUR remote?)

It could be a disaster if a CB or other wireless device suddenly started signaling your winch to pull (or release) when you were doing an extraction in a precarious spot. This would be especially important if you start setting up all your buddies with the same type of remotes and you are all out on a trail ride together......screwing up each others' winches for the rest of the day!!! :eek1:

6. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

i have thought of that.

since i will also use the remote, to remote lock/unlock my truck, i am going to have a arming switch on my incab winch controles, so that way it will only work when i have acavated it.:waytogo:

i am also sure that they work on a range of frequanceies alwell, as there is a number listing on the box, i will test this out also when i go back and get more. :D

i would suspect that it would work better then ones sold for winches only, and have a range of frequincys

7. seschev3

seschev3 1/2 ton status

You may need some external relays. 15 amps is not much when using a winch. Use the trigger from the module on some bosch 30 amp relays with some heavy guage wire.

8. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

I am not worryed it would just be for signal wires, any thing that has a switch has a relay in my truck.

I got it hooked up temporaraly to test it out, it works like an inline switch, each channel independantly powered and switched by there oen relay.

I hooed a channel up to a floresent light stuck it on my dash, and went for a walk to the end of my street, a good 150 feet away and clicked the light on and off no proplem!!!, even with the anntenna down.

you would be able to walk to the end of ANY winch line and power it in NO PROBLEM.

as soon as I build my over head console it will have a permenit home :saweet: