Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wiring ? 350 Turbo to 93 350TBI

Discussion in 'The Injection Section' started by 70jimmy, Apr 27, 2007.

1. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    Sorry if wrong forum:o I am putting a TBI 350 out of a 93 Suburban and want to mate it to the Turbo 350 currently in the rig. What issues will I have and is there a special harness or something to make the TBI computer read the tranny properly since it is not the original 4L60E. Thanks

2. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

There's nothing to wire up on a TH350 but unless you burn a new chip to disable tranny functions I would imagine you'll get trouble codes. Don't forget to make a vacuum source from the manifold for your modulator.
    The P/N signal to the ECU comes off your steering column I believe but that may be worth checking up on.

3. ccj8008

ccj8008 1/2 ton status

Manual

I swapped a turbo 400 in place of an NV-4500 behind my 90 454. This engine originally had a manual transmission. I used the same vacuum tap that my power brake booster was using. Do not use the throttle body nipples as your vacuum source. The trans shifts fine. I would guess that the 4L60E needs the ECM more than the ECM needs the input from the 4L60E.

4. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

I'm not running anything to my TH350 Duane and it runs fine. The only thing you'll probably end up needing is an aftermarket adjustable kickdown cable.

5. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    Well ordered a bunch of stuff from Howell today for my swap. Got a new harness, computer, chips to eliminate VSS and EGR and Tranny, ESC Module, TBI external fuel pump and a service manual.

Kind of like jumping off the high dive. Just close your eyes and jump in!:o

6. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Watch out for the rocks. :D