Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wiring 6 speakers instead of 4 and mid range speakers?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by 88K5Jimmy, Aug 26, 2003.

1. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Well I wanted to put some speakers in the kick panels but have decided against that because I can't figure out a way that I like them down there or in the door panels. So I'm thinking about putting some in the panels right behind the front seats. However, I would like to keep my 3.5" up front for the highs. I already have 6x9's in the rear so the combo of those 4 speakers are taking up all the channel outputs on my deck. So how do I wire in 2 more speakers and keep things running smoothly?

Also, I have no mid-range sound. Would I be better off getting some mid-range speakers to put in the side panels or just a good set of 6.5" 3-ways?

Thanks

2. savagek5diesel

savagek5diesel 1/2 ton status

I'm running 5 1/2's behind the front seats in the side panels, 6x9's in the rear panels, and 6x9's in boxes sitting on the wheel wells facing forward (driver side box pointing towards front passenger, vise versa for the other side) and they all run off my 45w x4 deck, the 4 6x9's are wired to eachother and the 5 1/2's have their own set of wires. All in all it sounds great, i plan on getting a small amp to help drive the 6x9's a little louder. but you can run 6 speakers fairly easily.